Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Here Kitty, Kitty!

We went Cat fishing on the Jordan river last week after sunset. Everyone caught one, and though they were tiny they were good fighters. I was afraid my pole was breaking as it bent in half. Kamryn was asleep long before Mason caught the first fish. Mason says "Hey Mom, Dad I think I've got something." We tell him it hasn't been long enough and that he will know when he gets one. He reels in his line and...sure enough a tiny catfish. Rylyn was not pleased with the ewww guggy and ewww poopy as she called the fish. Ashton was so thrilled with his when he caught one, but he was very upset when we threw it back. "My Fish!" He wanted to hold it and take it home, but they sting with their fins so, NO. And I don't know how he would react to eating it. I guess we will figure that out when we catch fish large enough to eat. Dave Collard used to fish down the Jordan when he was little with hot dogs, he got Channel Cat. (whatever that is?) We will try that next and hopefully I will be better able to tell you what Channel Cat are. MEOW They make the creepiest growling noise when they are mad about being caught.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

I can't believe they growl. That does sound creepy! Looks like fun!

lbugsh2 said...

Okay Katie the next time you guys are out here. Our friend Paul goes catfishing all the time he is good at it. He gets big ones. I am a little grossed out by the whole thing but he will take you and Ryan. I will watch the kids. =)