Monday, August 18, 2008

And the Award for Worst Mommy Ever Goes to...

Kamryn's mom! Her achievements in this award include letting Kamryn fall out of her parents bed in the middle of the night, and not recognizing for a whole day that her leg had a buckle fracture. Yes, yes I know you must be saying how did she accomplish this and the answers are she didn't know Kamryn was in bed with her, and Kamryn is not a fussy baby so...
Now I feel absolutely aweful! And don't most kids cry when they break bones?!? Kamryn was a little fussy for about 5 minutes after I picked her up, but then she went right to sleep. The next morning she cried once when I changed her diaper. Then the rest of the day she was just whiny and didn't want to be put down. It wasn't until the next day when she wouldn't put any weight on it that I knew something was wrong. I took her in and the doctor felt down her leg and hit the tender spot right above the ankle and she cried...for about 15 seconds. He said "Well just a bit tender, but we'll x-ray it anyway." Sure enough there was a "buckle break."
And the Sweetest Baby Ever Award goes to Kamryn for smiling through it all; falling, poking, X-raying, bracing, and casting all smiles and jabbering.

3 comments:

lbugsh2 said...

Sorry I say I take the crown for worst Mommy. AT least you did not lose your own two year old and let her run naked in a diaper with a plastic pink knife in the neighborhood

RNandKT said...

Now that is some funny stuff. Normally I would assume you would make something up to make us feel better, but lets face it you can't make that stuff up.

Pam said...

Yes! I'd have to say MOM of the year!!!! But I'm not being sarcastic. Katie you are amazing!!! I love your family! You guys are doing an awesome job. Your kids are some of my favorite people.